Thursday, November 15, 2007

The waiting game

I'm going to have a baby today! I've been saying that for the last week but I suppose that if I continue saying it one of these days I ought to be right. Today, I am officially full term. The doctor says her lungs are developed and her head is in position so I am just playing the waiting game. I am more than ready.

The other day we bought a cute little jumper for her at the thrift store. I told Aaron that we already have a cardigan so perfect for the jumper. When we got home, Aaron participated in his usually ritual of checking ESPN on the Internet, while I went through the baby clothes to show Aaron the cardigan. I found it, held it up and said, "see, isn't this cute?" and without moving his eyes from the computer he said, "yea, that is a nice turnover." Turnover? and he didn't even notice. I think he was a little distracted. Well, Thanksgiving is coming and Aaron and I sure have a lot to be grateful for. I have been thinking a lot about family and I realise how blessed I am to have such a great one. I am excited to become a mom and I am ever so grateful for the moms in my life who have been such great examples to me: most especially, my mom. Life is pretty much the greatest thing ever right now. We'll see if I am still saying that through labor.

No comments: