Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cheap Thrills

Somebody asked me the other day, "What do you do all day?" The first thing that came out of my mouth was, "I feed Maddie...and I nurse her." Then, I thought, what do I do all day. Sometimes Maddie and I just play on her blanket, but lately she has been getting bored with that. Honestly, I don't really know what we do all day. We are busy though.

We have gone to the park a lot lately. We have here what most people refer to a "water park." Not like Wild Waves or what you think of when you hear water park. It is just a big toy with a giant bucket that dumps water on the play ground. There is also water spitting out of the ground. The kids love it. Maddie loves to watch the kids.

It sure would be nice though to have a water park with rides. I haven't been on a ride in a long time. I don't know why I so thoroughly enjoy paying someone to make me scream and give me a stomach ache. I should just drink some sour milk and call it good. But I guess that is why they call them thrill rides. Thrills are a little different these days. I get a thrill out of finding money in my pocket and an empty sink thrills me. I tell you what the ultimate thrill is, finishing your to do list just in time to take the laundry out of the dryer before Aaron's shirts wrinkle. Nothing says mom like laundry thrills.

Anywho, here are some pictures of Maddie at the water park.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is a classic English-Furrowed-brow looks Maddie was pulling.

Anonymous said...

haha--love the laundry thrill! You make me laugh. Well I do about as much you do in a day, so we should get together and work on pojects or at least go outside with our kids together! Or maybe we should start a book club or do lunch a couple times a week? If you're ever bored...open your sliding glass door and hollar up to me and tell me to come hang out!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. You should holler across the yard at me and I'll come with!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. When someone asks me what I do all day, I tell them I am really busy but I can not remember what I do all day. Mostly the park, the library or the zoo and at the end of the day I am so tired and I did not get anything that I wanted to do done! I love how you make things for yourself! Your disease, I think I have it too! Where do you get the ideas? I would love more ideas of things that I can do myself, Lately I have been making blankets and I am teaching myself how to crochet, it is a work in Progress! :)

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I LOVE your blog! Your sense of humor comes through and always makes me smile...well...sometimes I smile and sometimes I laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah...and I think you are super talented. AND I loved the pictures of Maddie at the park.

Anonymous said...

I love your posts because I feel like I can always relate. I got asked that question the other day and I couldn't think of anything even though I'm always busy! I'll be more prepared next time with answers now that I've thought about it.