Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Random Ramble

The leaves are starting to fall. It is absolutely gorgeous. I am actually excited about the fall and winter coming. Sometimes I get caught up in the complain-about-rexburg-weather mentality because everyone else is doing it. I admit I can be somewhat of a follower at times. But I actually am excited. As much as I love the summer's warm weather and evening walks, I am super-duper excited for rainy days, warm soups, apple cider and cozy sweaters. Plus Maddie has some really cute sweaters I want her to wear before she grows out of them. I don't necessarily like scraping snow off the car and freezing to death, but I love freshly fallen snow and the crisp smell of the air. I love all of the seasons. I should remember that when I complain about having too much to do. As stressful as life seems at times, I love love love the season of life I am in. I love being married with a baby girl and I even love being in school. I want to graduate as soon as possible but I know I will miss it when I do graduate. I have always liked being a student.

Anyway, here is some cute stuff from Maddie...
When I am reading I usually like to give her a book to read with me. She loves her feely bugs book because each page has something different to feel. Today I gave her a counting book instead. I noticed as she turned each page, she tried to feel the flowers and babies and food. The look on her face said, "what is wrong with this book?"

One of Maddie's favorite toys is the cabinet under the t.v. We usually just let her play in there and do whatever she wants. She likes to empty it. The other day, when she was playing there, I noticed all of a sudden everything was quiet. I turned to see what she was doing and she had completely emptied the cabinet and was laying inside. It was cute. I wished I had taken a picture of that.
Maddie's hair is getting longer. Sometimes she wakes up from naps with a pretty sweet hair do.
Maddie is also putting herself up on things. She loves climbing the back of the couch and she even stands for a few seconds on her own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder to enjoy and love life no matter the season. Its hard to remember those great things about winter, but I do love all of those things too!

Anonymous said...

I love your latest post, Jen. The pictures and commentary are both great! I wish I could be there. If I hadn't had to work today, I would be visiting you along with Bill. Thanks for the blog update that makes it seem more like I AM there seeing Maddie do all her cute little things.

Anonymous said...

So cute! She is seriously one of the cutest babies I have ever seen!! :) That is because her mom is so beautiful!! :)

love suz!