Aaron has been missing his Maddie time since he isn't watching her while I am in class. Occasionally, he calls from school and says he needs to take a break from studying so he can spend time with Maddie. I know she enjoys that.
Pictures outside and Maddie eating a banana.
Maddie got into dad's shoes all on her own. Earlier in the week I asked her to get her shoes and put them on. She got one left pink croc and one left tie-dye croc. I just let her wear them. She knows how to put them on by herself.
1. I found the battery charger for the camera! Hence the pictures. I have a junk tub for sewing and it was in there. I have reason to believe that Maddie girl might have had something to do with that. Friday, I noticed Maddie going through this junk tub and transferring almost everything in it to the garbage. Maybe she was trying to tell me something. 2. This week has been hot and of course Maddie needs to be outside. I let Maddie sit outside on the porch and I gave her some cups and a pitcher of water. She pours the water from one cup to another and does it again. She loves it. Our neighbor girl, Julie came over and I gave her some cups to join Maddie but she looked at Maddie strangely and drank her water instead.
3. Maddie has been obsessed with airplanes lately. She calls them baine-baines. She saw this one and wanted to take a picture of it. I let her and she actually got it in the shot. It is in the top right of the frame. Usually after she sees an airplane she signs more, but she doesn't understand that I don't have the power to make another one fly by.
4. Also this week, Maddie kept asking me for a bosch. I finally figured out that's a spoon. Where she got that? I have no idea.
5. Maddie doesn't like it when I go to the bathroom alone. Usually she comes with me and I tell her about the potty and how she will use it one day. The other day, when I asked her if she wanted to go, she actually said "yes". So I took off her diaper and put her on the toilet and she peed! I got pretty excited. The next day she asked to use it and but she didn't actually go. After she got off, she clapped her hands and said "Yea!!" I thought that was funny.
6. I have been doing some research on starting my business. I found a company who will make tags I can sew into my products. I have also been designing dresses. Fun stuff! I haven't decided what I want to name my line of clothing. I was thinking about doing something with pears because they're cute and my maiden name is Pearson. What do you think? Any suggestions? I am teaching a sewing class on Fridays in my home and I love it. Maybe I will post some pictures of projects soon.
7. Today in church we had a lesson on the changes the church has made to make family history easier and I am super excited. I have tons of names that I can submit myself and Aaron and I can start doing work for them. Seriously, I have a lot of work to do. I think I will do that next.
8. The Detroit Redwing's won their first game of the Stanley Cup.
9. This list is for my reference, but at 18 months Maddie is signing; milk, water, food, bed, please, thank you, cold, hot, mommy, daddy, cereal, cracker, help, brush teeth, more, up, dog, baby, diaper, clean, bath, school, cook, bread and finished. I can't think of any more at this moment. She can also say these words.
10. Maddie really likes to play pretend. Often when I am cooking she gets out a bowl and a spoon and stirs up something. She always blows on her pretend food before she eats it. This week Maddie started a new pretend game. She goes to the door, grabs her bag and says "school, bye bye," then she gives me a kiss and a hug. I think she is pretending to be like Daddy.