Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic... and so am I!

It drives my mom nuts when I say "we." I'll ask, "What are we making for dinner?" and she will respond with, "I am making steak." I do this unintentionally. I am not sure why I think we instead of you. Maybe, its my way of feeling included. And my moms point is that I am not included because I am not doing anything to help.

Anywho, the other day, I was walking from my class to get lunch and someone approached me handing out flyer's with a schedule of outdoor activities scheduled by the school. She asked me if I had ever participated. I responded with, "Yes, we have done a few outdoor activities with the school." She didn't say anything, but gave me kind of a weird look. I didn't figure out that I had said we until after I had walked away. I was by myself. She probably thought I had multiple personalities or something. Anyway, since then, I have noticed that I do this a lot. I will respond with we, when I mean Aaron and me, but Aaron isn't with me, so I look like a weirdo. I'm okay with that, actually it makes me laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Siete strani! That means you (plural) are wierd :) I noticed that i do that too when i write letters home when im referring to myself and the other guys here.