This is what you see when you turn off the main road into her school. She is also on flyers taped to the doors and was sent to us on a flyer in the mail.
17. No pictures, but we got into a car accident. I was picking up Aaron from school and on the way home someone ran a red light and hit us on the passenger side right behind Maddie's door. Maddie and I were rushed to two different hospitals. Tara went home with the Messicks, some friends from school, and Aaron went with Maddie to the children's hospital. Maddie and I both had a CT scan and X-rays. We came home past midnight with stitches and bruises. We are alive and I am so grateful it wasn't worse but it sure was a wakeup call that something like this can happen to anyone. Anyway, we have a lot to sort out now since our car is totaled.
- We got a few stories back from the Messicks. They watched Tara while we were in the hospital. They offered Tara McDonalds and she told them that McDonalds is not healthy for her. When I asked her what she had for dinner she told me beans and she was pretty excited about them. This surprises me. Not the part about the beans but the part about saying no to McDonalds. What kid does that? The Messicks also put Tara to bed because we got back late. I was told that after they laid her down she came knocking on their door and asked if she could please have her mommy back. Melt my heart, I love that girl!
- Maddie really enjoyed her visit at the children's hospital. She actually asked if she could go back. She got a beanie baby bunny and got to play games and watch t.v. She also can't stop talking about some stickers she got that I still haven't seen yet. Glad she went there and not where I went!
- Tara was pretty jealous of Maddie's pink bunny. One time I asked Maddie if she was in any pain and if her neck hurt. She said no. Tara said, "My neck hurts, I need a pink bunny." I asked her if her neck really hurt or if she just wanted a pink bunny. She said, "I just want a pink bunny but one with a little heart that opens and has a name in it." ha ha funny girl. Anyone know where we can find a beanie baby?
- After a full day of resting, I decided we needed to clean up a bit. Maddie said she was in pain, and her legs hurt. I told her to go lay on the couch. Later, I heard her bragging to Tara about how she got out of cleaning! I think she is recovering just fine!
Anywho, we had a pretty eventful month!